Mencap is a leader in providing excellent support to people with a learning disability. Their vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included. They are recruiting full time, part time, permanent, and bank Support Workers across Doncaster now!
As a Support Worker you will be expected to provide an outstanding level of support that will enormously contribute to the people we support, living a more comfortable, dignified, liberated and happy life.
• Personal care - helping people to get ready for the day and assisting with bathing, showering and using the bathroom.
• Supporting people to live independently – budget management, paying bills, house work, organising appointments and cooking delicious healthy meals.
• Excellent communication skills/relationship building – supporting the person to understand the world around them and promoting positive relationships.
• Community & Social Inclusion- Supporting individuals to access and participate in their local community and Social events to promote life skills and individuality.
• Must have a full valid driving licence, willing to use car for work and purchase business insurance.
• Able to lone work and also as a team member We are looking for various shifts from 10 hours a week to 25 hours a week over 7 days 365 days a year. Guaranteed 2 days off a week. You would need to be flexible and able to work morning and evening also weekends.
Mencap are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and welcome applicants with disabilities to apply for all roles with us. To find out more about the scheme please visit the direct gov website. No two days are ever the same, sometimes they may be challenging but always positive so click apply now to be considered! Please contact Chris Bailey at email@example.com or 07960 602485.
The Sheffield City Region (SCR) ADVANCE programme is delivered across Doncaster, Sheffield and Barnsley. ADVANCE SCR is supported financially by the European Union and aims to enhance equal access to lifelong learning for all.